In recent years, the Law Offices of Leon A. Brunet has been privileged to represent or assist with the representation of clients in a wide variety of major matters throughout the country, which has included the following:
- Litigated and ultimately obtained a substantial settlement in a catastrophic wrongful death case. In this particular matter, the firm filed suit against the driver, the owner and the motor carrier of a tractor-trailer that struck and killed another motorist. The lawsuit included seven defendants and multiple insurance carriers which all disputed coverage. After four years of highly contentious litigation, the case settled on the eve of trial for substantial recovery to our client.
- Mr. Brunet has successfully argued appeals before the Third and Fourth District Courts of Appeal in Florida.
- The firm has considerable experience in representing title insurers (and their policyholders) in complex foreclosure or title dispute litigation.
- We have experience representing national and local finance companies in matters involving complex breach of contract matters, bankruptcy issues, the defense of lien claims, as well as collection matters.
- Recently, the firm represented the plaintiff in an international business dispute involving an exclusive marketing and sales agreement. The firm ultimately obtained and collected a multi-million dollar judgment against the defendant.
- The firm has represented several well-respected real-estate development companies in the Miami area, in a wide variety of matters. We have significant experience in representing parties involved in both commercial and residential real estate disputes.
- Mr. Brunet has represented clients involved in lawsuits across the country. In recent years Mr. Brunet has litigated in federal court in Pennsylvania, and in legal proceedings in New York, Maryland, Georgia and California.
- Over the past several years, the firm has successfully represented clients in several high-asset dissolution of marriage proceedings.
*The results provided are not necessarily representative of results obtained by the firm. Every case is different, and each client’s case must be evaluated and handled on its own merits.